Get Outdoors


Getting outdoors can have so many benefits from improved physical health to great positive impacts on mental health. There are many ways to enjoy the outdoors and our area in western PA is a great place to start. Within driving distance of Slippery Rock we are fortunate to be near so many outdoor recreation areas such as moraine state park and the jennings environmental center. These are two awesome areas just minutes away from campus which I believe could be utilized a lot more. My personal favorite way to enjoy moraine is the challenging biking trails it offers. being just 14 minutes from slippery rock it is a great place to get out to an enjoy anytime you get a chance!





Comments

  1. Hi Braden! I too love being outside. I also go to the places surrounding Slippery Rock, such as McConnells Mill State Park or Moraine. Biking looks like a lot of fun! It is definitely something I want to try in the future. I'm glad you have found a happy place in being outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for places around campus for hiking! I've been getting into hiking more recently but I'm only familiar with places around my hometown across the state. These places look beautiful and seem like great places for hiking and bike riding. I've been nervous to try trail biking but it might be something on my bucket list now. Great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you about the outdoors having many benefits. It is nice to be in nature where it is quiet and peaceful. I wish people had more of an appreciation for it! I really enjoy hiking, running, and just chilling in nature. I just went to McConnells Mill for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was so beautiful, especially with the fall colors. I definitely recommend going if you haven't been there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad your brought up moraine state park. It really is a beautiful park. I have been there before in the summer but I feel like I forget it exists while I am at school. I think I am going to try to get out more if possible and enjoy these places more often. I also agree that the outdoors has many benefits. Sometimes you just need a little fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outdoors are my favorite. I'm really glad you talked about this. Every chance that I get I go outside. Nature is blissful and gives me a great sense of happiness. I think that everyone should get off technology more and experience the great outdoors. Also, I'm glad you talked about Moraine because that is a place you must visit, especially if you live in Slippery Rock.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog